Photo credit: Rob Lee via Car Scoops
It’s not often that you see a MiG-29 fighter jet, much less have the chance to crash into one, that is unless…you’re an officer at Vasylkiv Air Base in central Ukraine. Apparently, a drunk Ukrainian Air Force captain crashed his Volkswagen Touran SUV into one of these fighter jets. This aircraft belonged to the 40th Tactical Aviation Brigade of the Ukranian Air Force, and the MiG-29 was being towed away to a parking area, when the 47-year-old officer smashed the nozzle of the right-side engine. Read more for additional pictures and information.
According to Ukraine’s Air Command Center, the captain was injured, given medical treatment, and was in “satisfactory” condition. As for the MiG-29, its right engine exhaust nozzle, along with the tail fin and rear stabilizer on that side of the aircraft, sustained heavy damage. Currently, it’s not known if the jet will be repaired and then return to service, but Ukraine does have 35 MiG-35, Sukhoi Su-24, Sukhoi Su-25 and Sukhoi Su-27 fighter jets, inherited from former Soviet Union, in their active aircraft fleet.
- PILOTED FLIGHT - Grab a sheet of paper, fold it, and go! Instantly put yourself in the cockpit of an amazing smartphone controlled paper airplane that does high speed tricks. The bluetooth module, which includes autopilot control, connects to your phone so you can experience the sensation of flying countless paper, foam, and even Balsa Wood airplane models.
- INCREDIBLE STABILITY - Loops, Barrel Rolls, & Hammerheads are achieved with the special Acro Mode! Your paper plane’s onboard computer automatically calibrates your paper airplane for imperfect weather with a built-in launch assist and wind stabilizer. Now hobbyists, tinkerers, or students can become the flight controller!
- RAPID CHARGING - A 30 minute quick charge gives you 10 minutes of flight time along with an incredible range of up to 230ft! Traveling up to 20mph, your plane will spend less time on the tarmac and more time in the air. Simply connect the included micro USB cable to a charging port and plot out your next journey.
- STEM READY - Experience the aerodynamic forces that make flight possible through various wing configurations. Lift, drag, thrust, and gravity are learned first hand. Purchase the Night-Flight Kit and Accessory Kit to see how different parts create a new experience. Great for an outdoor class or exploration together with family.
- DURABLE - A near indestructible heavy duty carbon fiber body includes a nylon reinforced nose and motor mount. The POWERUP 4.0 paper airplane set is designed to withstand bumps, bangs, and even an unexpected crash. If your paper plane flies out of range, the onboard computer will safely land itself! Includes a one year warranty.