SpaceX has just launched a Falcon 9 rocket today, June 30, from Space Launch Complex 40 at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, with an upgraded global positioning satellite (GPS) for the U.S. Space Force. This marks SpaceX’s 11th launch this year, and this Lockheed Martin satellite features onboard anti-jamming capabilities and signals that are 3-times more accurate as well as 8-times more powerful than its predecessors. Read more for the livestream and additional information.
The Starlink launches that took place earlier this month featured used Falcon 9 boosters, but this launch today used a new rocket. Why? This was a requirement requested by the US Air Force, and the booster, called B1060, has successfully transported an advanced global positioning satellite into orbit to replace an aging satellite that was launched in 2000.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby