It’s not everyday that you see an alligator snagging a drone out of mid-air, much less the footage being shared by Google CEO Sundar Pichai. This video was originally posted by TikTok user @devhlanger, and split into two parts. The first part features George the alligator catching the drone in mid-air and bring it down into the water. The second half has the large reptile trying to eat the device. Read more for both parts and additional information.
As you can see in the video above, the unmanned aerial vehicle begins to smoke as George chomps down on it. Fortunately, George eventually gave up so there are no injuries to report, but the drone on the other hand, didn’t quite make it out of the ordeal. Everglades National Park, where this was filmed, clearly states on its website that drones and other unmanned aircraft are not allowed.
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag.DJI Fly App requires iOS v10 0 Android v6 0 or above Compatible devices include iPhone 11 Pro Max 11 Pro 11 XS Max XS XR X 8 Plus 8 7 Plus 7 6s Plus 6s 6 Plus 6 Samsung Galaxy S10+ S10 S9+ S9 S8+ S8 S7 edge S7 S6 Note9 Note8 Huawei P30 Pro P30 P20 P10 Mate 20 Pro Mate 10 nova 5 nova 4 nova 3e nova 2 Honor 8X 10 9 20 Pro Magic 2 Mi 8 MIX 2S MIX 2 Redmi Note 5 Oppo Find X R15 Vivo NEX X27 X21 X20A OnePlus 7 6T 5 Pixel 3 XL 2 XL 2 LG V20 LG G6
It’s a new activity and park rangers in the field could tell people didn’t have very much or any experience with these unmanned aircraft. These devices often crash, and if somebody is standing in the way when one crashes, people are going to get hurt. Drones have also been used to harass wildlife,” said Jeffrey Olsen with the Park Service told Public News Service.