Photo credit: Siberian 644 via Kotaku
Video games, like Street Fighter V, already feature some realistic-looking characters, or at least compared to previous installments. However, they don’t look human enough to say the least, but that may actually be a good thing. Using the AI-powered StyleCLIP technology, models of these characters can be fed into the system and then transformed into their photorealistic counterparts. Read more for a video and additional examples.
The one thing artificial intelligence needs for an accurate transformation is a clear image of the character’s face, as it seeks out key identifiers to modify. This means that characters with heavy facial jewelry, fashion accessories, etc., won’t look proper. It does however turn things like a domino mask around the eyes into glasses.
- Access your favorite entertainment through apps like YouTube, Netflix, and more
- Enjoy over 100 games right out of the box with a 1 month Xbox Game Pass trial
- Watch 4K Blu-ray movies and stream 4K video on Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Microsoft Movies & TV, and more
- Play with friends and family near and far—sitting together on the sofa or around the world on Xbox Live, the fastest, most reliable gaming network
- Xbox 1 games and accessories work together