Tesla’s new (2020.48.25) holiday firmware update has just rolled out, and there are a few new features, like a Boombox mode. That’s right, you’ll be able to turn your Model S / 3 / X / Y into a boombox and entertain a crowd with your media player when parked. That’s not all, the horn sound can also be customized to either a fart, goat, applause, snake, or upload up to five custom sounds of your own. Read more for a video walkthrough of this update and additional information.
The driving visualization has been refreshed to enable drivers to view more details of the road surroundings. For example, the next turn will now appear above the visualization if the navigation turn list is covered by another app. Plus, select items have slightly may have shifted, but will continue to look and behave the same, such as quick access to the backup camera being moved to the bottom bar.
- Delivers deep, loud, jaw dropping sound with True 360 degree coverage
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Flexible fabric handle makes it easy to grab and go; seamless aluminum body is durable and water resistant (IPX4)
- Enjoy up to 16 hours of play time from a long-lasting, rechargeable, lithium-ion battery
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with voice prompts allows you to easily take calls and access your phone’s virtual assistant — hands free