A flight instructor from the Sling Pilot Academy might have captured the elusive jetpack man that pilots reported seeing while flying into LAX months ago. This sighting was captured at around 3,000 feet near Palos Verdes, south of Los Angeles, with Catalina Island clearly visible in the background. It was reported to the FAA promtply, but an official report was not filed due to a lack of details other than the footage you’re about to see. Read more for the video and additional information.
Back in August, an an American Airlines pilot approaching LAX at around 3,000 feet reported a similar incident to air traffic control, and shortly after, a Skywest pilot also reported seeing the same jetpack man. Social media claims this person may have been recording the stunt to post online later for views, possibly even for a viral marketing campaign.
- 【PACK LIGHT, FLY FREE】: at less than 249 g, it weighs about as much as an apple and fits in the palm of your hand. compact and convenient, this small drone is your ideal travel companion, transforming how you capture your favorite memories.
- 【3-AXIS GIMBAL WITH 4K CAMERA】: a 12mp camera in the sky delivers content guaranteed to impress. along with 4k/30fps video and a 3-axis motorized gimbal, mini 2 ensures stunning image quality that is consistently smooth no matter how adventurous your piloting gets.
- 【OCUSYNC 2.0 VIDEO TRANSMISSION】: mini 2 supports up to 10km of hd video transmission and has excellent anti-interference capabilities, giving you the ability to fly farther and see clearer.
- 【POWERFUL PERFORMANCE】: with a max battery life of 31 minutes, dji mini 2 grants more than enough time to compose the perfect shot. mini 2 can resist level 5 winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
- 【4X ZOOM】: there’s no need to get so close for your dream shot. 4x digital zoom makes it safer and more convenient when transitioning between shots of varying distance and composition.
The video appears to show a jet pack, but it could also be a drone or some other object. If it is a ‘guy in a jet pack’ then it remains to be seen whether it is a legal test flight (jet packs are real – there is a manufacturer near Los Angeles) or related to the jet pack sightings near LAX recently that caused disruptions to air traffic,” said Sling Pilot Academy.