Photo credit: Rich Rebuilds
For those who haven’t been keeping up to date with Tesla, the Cyberquad is basically an all-electric quad bike unveiled in November 2019 at the Cybertruck press event in Hawthorne, California. There are no power numbers, but Elon Musk did say that it will come at first as an option for the Cybertruck. Inventors Rich Benoit and Steven Salowsky didn’t want to wait the 1+ years for the official release, so they built their own. Read more for a video and additional information.
The build started with a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 purchased from Facebook Marketplace for a mere $3,000. Next, they removed that engine and replaced it with one from an electric motorcycle before adding a winch. What did they end up with? A DIY Cyberquad that can accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.2 seconds with all-terrain tires, 3.9 seconds with street tires, and top out at 102 mph.
- Double the Fun: By attaching your Ninebot S (sold separately) to the GoKart Drift Kit, you can enjoy a fully-functional GoKart with range up to 13.7 miles and speed up to 10mph. Small Racer for Adults, Big Toy for Children.
- Drift Racing Excitement: Segway GoKart features a handbrake and brake pedal to switch forward and backward. A high steering ratio of 2.1:1 allows for precision steering while the strengthened seat belt ensures the rider's safety.
- Options for Everyone: Segway GoKart features three driving modes suitable for different ages. The adjustable frame length and steering wheel height can accommodate riders from 4’3”to 6’5” tall, with max load of 220 lbs and max slope of 15°.
- Portable Design: Collapsible for convenient portability, the Ninebot Gokart Kit fits in the trunk of most cars so you can bring it wherever you want to ride! Please note: Requires purchase of Segway miniPRO or Ninebot S.
- Warranty: Download the Segway app for a new rider tutorial, assembly instructions, fault reminder speed and more. Please refer to warranty information in product details below and contact us if you have any problems.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers.
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- Road Adaptive Design : 10. 5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3. 11 – 6. 6 Inch.
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.Rated voltage:54.8V
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems.
It started out as origami to create a sense of scale to the pieces, and then Rich had wired the bike up with its new zero motor powertrain and welded the new drive unit to the rear, and Steven restructured a new aluminum trestle frame onto the existing quad frame, and then formed and cut the new body,” said the team to Electrek.