Macho Nacho Productions’ Tito created the Thicc Boi SP, and explains why it’s the last mod your Game Boy Advance SP will ever need. Why? Not only does it include a larger 4,500mAh lithium-polymer battery, but Bluetooth audio and wireless charging as well. The mod kit will be available to all soon, and there is some skill required to install everything, but thanks to flat flex technology, all you need is just a little soldering experience. Read more for a video showcasing the mod and how it works.
Sure, the rear panel makes the console slightly thicker due to the 4,500 mAh LiPo battery pack, although the aftermarket IPS display and a flash cart more than make up for it, especially since the console can now run for up to 20 hours on a single charge. Want one? A crowdfunding campaign should go live soon, and the price point should be quite affordable, thanks to many of the parts being 3D printed in resin.
- 3 Play Styles: TV Mode, Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode
- 6.2-inch, multi-touch capacitive touch screen
- 4.5-9+ Hours of Battery Life will vary depending on software usage conditions
- Connects over Wi-Fi for multiplayer gaming; Up to 8 consoles can be connected for local wireless multiplayer
- Model number: HAC-001(-01)