Originally, the Porsche 911 GT1 was designed purely to compete in the GT1 class of sports car racing, but this also required a street legal version for homologation purposes. The limited-production street-legal version developed as a result was named the 911 GT1 Straßenversion (translates to street version), and former Fifth Gear presenter Tiff Needell takes it out for a drive on public roads. Porsche built two fully road-legal versions in 1996 and delivered one to the German government for compliance testing, which it passed. Read more for the video and additional information.
Both of these functional race cars feature 993-style front headlights. However, an additional 20 units were built in 1997 with 996 style front headlights, while a single vehicle was manufactured in 1998 to homologate the all-new racing version under the new FIA regulations. Its water-cooled, twin-turbocharged and intercooled, 4 valves per cylinder 3.2L flat-six engine had to be slightly de-tuned to meet European emissions laws, though still generating 536 hp at 7,200 rpm and 443 lb⋅ft of torque at 4,250 rpm, enabling it to hit 62 mph from a standstill in 3.9 seconds, while topping out at 191 mph.
- Kids will love to build and explore the super fast LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR toy car, This race car set, with black spoke rims and custom designs, can be used as a collectible toy car for adults or as the perfect STEM toy for kids
- This model car kit includes realistic details throughout the Porsche toy car such as aerodynamic bodywork, working steering, track map & more, Plus, this white toy car comes with a full toy engine, making it a fun engineering toy for kids & adults
- This LEGO Technic set featuring a toy sports car is an exclusive replica of the Porsche 911 RSR race car and has been developed in partnership with Porsche, This toy car playset will make kids and adults feel like they're in the middle of a NASCAR race!
- This LEGO Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 building kit can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO building bricks, Kids and adults can come together for hours of building, thinking, and imaginative play
- The 1580-piece race car building kit includes a Porsche 911 RSR model car that measures over 5 inches (13cm) high, 19 inches (50cm) long and 7 inches (20cm) wide, This toy vehicle with building bricks is great for boys and girls aged 10+
- Designed for Lego 42096,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego Technic Porsche 911 RSR 42096 from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, strip light, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.