Photo credit: Wago Images via Peta Pixel
This year has been tough for just about everyone, especially photographers. One man from Japan had to sell all of his year to make ends meet, but came up with a clever idea to build a functional 4×5 camera using LEGO. The main advantage of this large format camera is a higher resolution at the same pixel pitch, or the same resolution with larger pixels or grains. In other words, a 4×5 inch image has about 15 times the area, and thus 15× the total resolution, of a 35 mm frame. Read more for a video and additional information.
This large format camera is considered a type of view camera, with fronts and backs called “standards” that allow the photographer to better control rendering of perspective and increase apparent depth of field. It’s most commonly used by architectural and macro photographers since the front / back of the camera to be shifted up/down, left/right and tilted out of parallel with each other. These movements make it possible to solve near impossible depth-of-field problems, and to modify perspective rendering.
- 5K Video - Shoot stunning video with up to 5K resolution, perfect for maintaining detail even when zooming in
- 20MP Photo with SuperPhoto - Capture crisp, pro-quality photos with 20MP clarity. And with SuperPhoto, HERO 9 Black can automatically pick all the best image processing for you
- Front Display + Rear Touch Screen - A new, larger rear touch screen with touch zoom on HERO9 Black and a dazzling new front display makes for easy framing and intuitive camera control
- Live Streaming + Webcam - Live stream in 1080p on social, get HyperSmooth stabilization as you broadcast
- HyperSmooth 3.0 - Experience ultimate smoothness with our most advanced video stabilization ever.