Tom Selleck was a notable actor back in the early 80s, but spent years receiving little interest from the entertainment industry, that is until he was cast in the lead role as Thomas Magnum in Magnum, P.I.. Unfortunately, the show’s producers would not release the actor for other projects, so Selleck had to pass on the role of Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark. We all know what happened next, actor Harrison Ford took the role and ran with it. Read more to see how Selleck would have looked as Indiana Jones, thanks to deepfake technology.
Believe it or not, the shooting of the pilot for Magnum, P.I. was delayed for over 6-months due to a writers’ strike, which would have allowed him to complete Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Relive the adventure of the action packed movie
- Adult hat and whip set makes a great addition to your adventure wardrobe
- Lots of Indiana Jones movie accessories also available
- This is the officially licensed and trademarked costume
- Rubies has been the name in costumes for 57 years
- Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman (Actors)
- Steven Spielberg (Director) - David Koepp (Writer)
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese (Subtitles)
- English (Publication Language)
- Audience Rating: PG-13 (Parents Strongly Cautioned)
Look, I made a deal with Magnum and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I’m proud that I lived up to my contract, and some people said, ‘You’ve got to get into a car and drive into a brick wall and get injured and get out of Magnum and do this [Raiders].’ I said ‘I gotta look my mom and dad in the eye, and we don’t do that,’ so I did Magnum…that’s not so bad is it?,” said Selleck.