Photo credit: Able Auctions
Times are tough, even for animatronics, but from this, arises new opportunities. One person or company in Canada is auctioning off over fifty life-sized animatronic dinosaurs, including T-Rex, Brontosaurus and Raptors, as well as plus hundreds of fossils, animatronic equipment, lighting, speakers, etc. So, if you’ve always wanted to build your own Jurassic Park attraction, this may be of interest. Read more for additional pictures and information.
As you can see, some of these dinosaurs appear to have been in a museum of sorts, and all look to be in excellent condition at first glance. On a related note, did you know that the original Jurassic Park film used Dinosaur Input Devices? That’s right, these were models that fed information into computers to allow them to animate the characters like stop motion puppets. However, they did act out scenes with the raptors and Gallimimus, a genus of theropod dinosaur that existed in what is now Mongolia during the Late Cretaceous period. More information here.
- DIG UP REAL DINOSAUR FOSSILS that are millions of years old! Dig for dinosaurs, sharks, brachiopods, mosasaurs, ammonites and more!
- EXPLORE PALEONTOLOGY using the tools of the trade, chisel, brush and magnifying glass, to excavate incredible real fossils
- 16-PAGE LEARNING GUIDE illustrates how fossils are formed and helps young scientists identify each specimen as it’s discovered
- A COMPLETE LEARNING ACTIVITY that includes a dig brick packed with dinosaur fossils, a chisel, a brush and a magnifying glass; everything needed to guarantee kids keep digging for hours
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - For 129 years, National Geographic has provided fascinating and fun educational opportunities to aspiring scientists around the world.