Knectek Labs has unveiled TOWNEW, the world’s self-cleaning and self-changing smart trash can, or in other words, it capable of sealing a full garbage bag and replacing it automatically with a new one. Available in white and teal colors, the device stands 1.5-feet tall, and weighs less than 8 pounds when empty. It works with the company’s special 25-count “removable refill rings” that last around a month, while a pack of three refill rings — 75 bags in total — will set you back $18. Product page. Read more for a video and additional information.
- Self-sealing & Self-changing townew automatic trash can does it all for you with a touch of a button
- With the build-in motion sensor you don't have to touch the trash bin. Have your hands free of dirt
- Its design & technology makes TOWNEW the best automatic trash can for your modern kitchen & smart home
- TOWNEW trash can uses refill rings, each contains up to 25 recyclable and durable trash bags
- Package contents: one white TOWNEW trash can, one refill ring, power adapter and manual
Since it’s self-changing and self-cleaning, your only job is to take the trash out to the curb or dumpster. The TOWNEW’s infrared sensor will ope and shut the lid when you need to put something in, and seals the trash’s smell inside when not in use. When it’s time to take the trash out, simply press a button on the front of the can for it to seal the bag, and a built-in overload feature ensures it’s sealed over everything. The garbage can then tells you when to take the trash bag out to refill the can with a new, empty bag.