Photo credit: Deveci Tech
Turkey-based ENLİL has developed a smart vertical axis wind turbine that turns highways into renewable energy sources by using the dynamics of the city, while also providing safety to the city, thanks to the built-in sensors that could provide possible warnings for motorists. It can be quickly assembled, while solar panels up top generate power, or to be more specific, 1 kilowatt per hour of electricity. Read more for a video and additional information.
The many sensors include one that measures carbon footprint, earthquake detection, and an Internet of Things platform. This turbine can not only be installed on highways, but in parks, seashores, rooftops, as well as near private residences. The generated energy can either be transported to other places or used for maintenance of roadways.
- Build an icon of wind energy with the collectible LEGO Creator Expert Vestas Wind Turbine, complete with Power Functions motorized blades, trees and greenery, cozy cottage and a Vestas service van!
- This big LEGO set also includes 3 minifigures: a woman and 2 Vestas service technicians, plus a dog figure
- Measures approximately 39” (100 cm) high, 24” (62cm) wide and 12” 31cm) deep
- 826 pieces – For boys and girls aged 12+ and for fans and big kids of all ages
- This LEGO Creator Expert Vestas Wind Turbine 10268 set can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative building