Matthew Perks is an inventor who specializes in do-it-yourself electronics, and his latest project appears to be a suitcase at first glance, but upon closer inspection, you’ll realize that it’s so much more. When unfolded, it reveals a large main monitor, paired with folding, vertically-mounted laptop monitors on each side. The shiny aluminum panels conceal an AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU, an NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU with water cooling, 64GB of RAM, and dual 8TB SSDs. Read more for a video and additional information.
It comes complete with a pair of high-quality speakers, a subwoofer, and audio amplifiers, all drawing around 600W of power from a large DC-DC converter block. The latter receives power from either a pair of onboard AC-DC converters or a 16 V – 63 V DC battery system. Picking out the hardware wasn’t the hardest, but rather the mounting of all the components, which required 3D-printed adaptor blocks with threaded inserts as well as a large mounting plate with pre-drilled holes.
- Dominate the Game: With the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H processor, your Nitro 5 is packed with incredible power for all your games
- RTX, It's On: The latest NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (4GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM) is powered by award-winning architecture with new Ray Tracing Cores, Tensor Cores, and streaming multiprocessors support DirectX 12 Ultimate for the ultimate gaming performance
- Visual Intensity: Explore game worlds in Full HD detail on the 15.6" widescreen LED-backlit IPS display with 1920 x 1080 resolution, 144Hz refresh rate and 80% screen-to-body, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Internal Specifications: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz Memory (2 DDR4 Slots Total, Maximum 32GB); 256GB NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 Slots, 1 x 2.5" Hard Drive Bay Available)
- Prioritize Your Gameplay: Killer Ethernet E2600 and Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 gives you an edge online by taking control of your network and prioritizing your gameplay