Before this mysterious floating hotel was abandoned in North Korea, it operated as the Four Seasons Barrier Reef Resort until 1989, when it was relocated to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to be run as the Saigon Floating Hotel. It was anchored in the Saigon River, near the Tran Hung Dao Statue, between the years 1989-1997, informally called “The Floater”, a popular nightspot, but like all good things, it eventually met its demise due to financial issues. Read more to see how it became abandoned in North Korea as the Hotel Haegumgang.
Eventually, it was purchased by North Korea and taken to the Mount Kumgang Tourist Region. which opened in 1998 on the border between North and South Korea. These tours were indefinitely suspended in 2008 after an incident between a North Korean soldier and tourist arose. However, development was set to continue in 2018 after North Korea and South Korea announced to reopen the resort. This leads us to today, where work has been suspended due to the pandemic.
- This creepy LEGO Haunted House (10273) model provides hours of enjoyment for anyone looking to unwind with a new project. Build the spooky horror house then explore its impressive features and delightful details
- This building kit is designed for adults but it includes lots of playful features, such as a free-fall ride, haunted doors and a cursed painting
- If you appreciate beautiful details, you'll love displaying your haunted house model. Upgrade the Haunted House with the LEGO Powered Up components (available separately) to control the elevator via the app
- Ideal for ghost hunters, thrill seekers and adult LEGO fans alike, this Haunted House set makes a great birthday gift for your ghost-loving mom, dad, husband, wife, partner or friend and also makes a fun Halloween gift
- This dark and spooky haunted manor measures over 26.5” (68cm) high, 9” (25cm) wide and 9” (25cm) deep, making it a challenging construction kit for adults and a great brick-built model to display