Priced from $325,000 USD, the TruckHouse BCT costs as much as a brand new home in some parts of the world, but for those who prefer living on the road, this might be the perfect vehicle. It’s based on the Toyota Tacoma TRD and comes with a bevy of off-road upgrades, including a 12″ long-travel front suspension, a fully-fabricated rear axle, drilled + slotted disc brakes at all 4 wheels, and available front / rear lockers. Read more for a video tour, additional pictures and information.
Step inside, and you’ll find a cozy sleeping area, a rear dinette that can be converted in to a full-sized bed and then a kitchenette sporting an oven, microwave, dual-burner cooktop, stainless steel sink, as well as a refrigerator. If you’re only planning short trips, the Stage I electrical package, which has a 240-Ah lithium battery, paired with a 400-W solar panel setup, should be enough. Long distance journeys may require the Stage II electrical package that offers 540 amp-hours of lithium and 600 watts of solar power.
- Trigger nostalgic memories as you build this wonderfully detailed LEGO brick Nintendo Entertainment System (71374) and interactive, 1980s-style television displaying the classic Super Mario Bros. game
- The TV has a handle-operated scrolling screen and if you scan the action brick by placing LEGO Mario (figure not included) in the slot on top, he will react to the on-screen enemies, obstacles and power-ups
- Authentic details of the NES console are recreated in LEGO style, including a controller and an opening slot for the buildable Game Pak with a realistic locking function to delight Super Mario Bros. fans
- Whether you were an NES gamer back in the day, a fan of retro stuff, or are just looking for an immersive, fun, creative DIY project to leave you feeling revitalized, this 2,646-piece model building kit is ideal for you
- The buildable TV measures over 8” (22.5cm) high, 9” (23.5cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep, and alongside the NES model makes a cool display item for your home or office. It also makes the best LEGO gift for gamer friends
We were inspired by the idea of bringing the beloved 1980′s Sunrader 4×4 into the 21st century. Knowing we wanted to avoid traditional RV construction methods, we utilize manufacturing techniques from the marine and aerospace industries to build the BCT from the ground up. At TruckHouse, every detail matters. In order to maintain quality, we design, engineer, and fabricate all key components in house. The BCT is built for those who desire a similar footprint of a van, the living space of a Class C RV, the capability of a purpose-built 4×4, and the fit, finish, of a high-end yacht,” said Matt Linder, TruckHouse CEO and co-founder.