Nguyen Dac Chung, a 23-year-old college student from Hanoi, Vietnam was always fascinated with the Tumbler Batmobile from Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight. Unfortunately, the few replicas that popped up for sale were way out of his price range. So, he decided to spend 10-months and $21,700 building his own, albeit on a smaller scale. Though it may look complete, Chung says that it’s only 90 percent complete. Read more for a video and additional information.
This Tumbler replica may not be fast, but its four-cylinder, 400 cc engine is fast enough for the streets of Hanoi, with a top speed of 62 mph As for the suspension system, there are 4 front coilovers and 2 rear coilovers to keep things smooth, while the rear spoiler is fully functional and can be adjusted at the push of a button, using a pneumatic system.
- Build a stunning LEGO version of the iconic Batmobile from the 1989 Batman movie, featuring a slide-open, dual minifigure cockpit and 2 hidden machine guns with a pop-up function, then show it off on the rotating model car display stand
- This display model includes 3 LEGO minifigures: a Batman figure with a cape, The Joker action figure with a gun and Vicki Vale figure with a buildable camera, plus a brick-built minifigure display stand
- Collectible LEGO Batmobile toy car measures over 4” (12cm) high, 23” (60cm) long and 8” (22cm) wide
- 3,306 pieces – Batmobile model car kit for all ages 16+ and a top holiday gift for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO DC Batman 1989 Batmobile 76139 super-hero car toy can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for creative play