Photo credit: Lambor$ckghini
A used DeLorean DMC-12 will set you back anywhere between $26,000 and $100,000+ these days, depending on its condition, but none would be considered fast by any means, or at least from the factory. Nick Reid of Reid Performance wanted to do something about that so he partnered with Otsuka Maxwell Design for a twin-turbocharged DMC-12 that will hang with some modern supercars. Read more for two videos and additional information.
A twin-turbocharged 3.3L V6 engine was sourced from a Kia Stinger GT and upgraded with larger turbines, port injection, machined intercoolers and a custom intake manifold to produce 487 horsepower at the rear wheels or near 600 horsepower at the crank, mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox from a Porsche 911. This also means that it could go much faster than 88 mph, but sadly, won’t take you back in time. Other upgrades include: KW coilovers, performance tires and larger brakes.
- Head Back to the Future in the iconic, time-traveling DeLorean!
- Complete with working lights and the must-have flux capacitor, the DeLorean is ready to go once Dr. Emmett Brown arrives with the plutonium cores!
- Then the action begins as Marty McFly and the good doctor travel back in time, along with trusty old Einstein. The duo is sporting their 1985 outfits
- Set includes the DeLorean, Marty McFly, Dr. Emmett Brown, Einstein the dog, skateboard, flux capacitor, plutonium cores and case, and lots of other accessories
- Recommended for ages six years and up