First revealed just over a week ago, Ubisoft’s Hyper Scape is essentially a free-to-play, science fiction battle royale game set in a virtual world of the same name. A total of 99 players descend onto the map of Neo-Arcadia, either solo or in teams of three, to compete in Crown Rush, the most popular game in this world. Previously, the game only had a Technical, which let fans watch the Founders livestreams on Twitch, but now, the open beta is open to everyone. Read more for two videos and a first look at beta gameplay.
Unlike other battle royale games, this one begins with the dense, entirely urban map of Neo-Arcadia, where speed and verticality are crucial in the streets, courtyards, and multi-story buildings. Players will have to keep on their toes to make smart use of their weapons and unique abilities. These abilities, called Hacks, can massively alter your playstyle by allowing you to do things like teleport, turn invisible, heal players, leap into the air to come smashing down on enemies, and lots more. Sign up here for the open beta.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H Processor (Up to 4.1 GHz)
- 15" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
- 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory; 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 slots - 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available hard drive bay
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port); Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax
- Backlit keyboard; Acer Cool Boost technology with twin fans and dual exhaust ports