Photo credit: The Upside Down Van
It’s not everyday that you see a normal 1985 GMC Rally van on the road, much less one that appears to be driving upside-down and backward, that is unless…you’re talking about this one. Your eyes aren’t playing tricks, the body of the van was flipped horizontally and vertically over a base with a hidden set of wheels, so it appears to be sliding down the street on its roof, complete with spinning tires on top. Read more for two videos and additional information.
On the inside, the van features a driver’s seat as well as a passenger seat, which both look out the van’s back window, which doubles as the windshield. Despite its strange appearance, the main issue is its limited visibility from the driver’s seat, making it impractical for everyday driving. However, this upside-down van does show up to special events, like cruises and parades, quite often.
- A representation of the famous Ducati Panigale V4 R to build, explore and display; LEGO Technic fans and motorcycle enthusiasts will love this stunning building challenge
- Build your own Ducati Panigale V4 R to gain a unique insight into the features and functions that make up this iconic motorcycle; Also includes a 2-speed gear-box – a first for LEGO Technic motorcycles
- Recreate the thrill of owning a Ducati Panigale V4 R, with front and rear suspension for realistic model movement; The classic red color scheme brings the motorcycle to life, with true Italian flair
- This is a be great gift choice and a super challenge for LEGO Technic fans aged 10+ who will get a thrill from seeing how a motorcycle works
- This eye-catching model (42107) looks stunning on display; Its dimensions have been designed to give a true representation of the real-life model, Measures over 12” (32cm) long, 6” (16cm) high and 3” (8cm) wide
Their jaws usually hit the ground…90 percent of the people who see the van immediately pull out their smartphones to take a photo of it. I was pulled over last year by the cops, but he just wanted to get a better look at it,” said its owner.