Automotive enthusiasts Pete Bitar and Carlos Salaff teamed up to form Urban eVTOL, a company that specializes in manufacturing electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) flying cars. Their first project is the Leo Coupe, a three passenger (including the pilot) eVTOL aircraft that can achieve a maximum speed of 250 mph (400 km/h), while having a range of 300 miles, or a 1 hour 15 minute flight time with reserves. Th aircraft sports a double box-wing configuration and is powered by multiple electric-motor powered ducted fans for both VTOL and forward flight. Read more for additional pictures and information.
For additional safety, ducted fans protects both passengers as well as ground crew, while also making it easy to enter and exit the aircraft. Panoramic windows provide amazing views and a transparent floor lets you see exactly what’s going on beneath you. Measuring just 10 ft X 20 ft (3.05 meters X 6.1 meters), the aircraft can be stored in a standard sized garage. A demonstrator is expected to fly in 2022, and when the production Leo Coupe is released, it’s expected to cost less than $290,000 USD.
- NEW 2020 MODEL - The 2020 edition of the GXL V2 is an improvement on our already top selling electric scooter. The 2020 V2 has an improved console, battery life, folding mechanism, and has passed stringent QC testing.
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE - Featuring a 36V 5.2aH Battery the GXL V2 travels up to 12.5 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Top Speed 15.5mph.
- IMPROVED MOTOR - The 250 Watt Motor provides high torque but mantains a low power consumption. The GXL V2 reaches a top speed of 15.5mph and can handle up to 220lbs.
- LOVE YOUR COMMUTE - Ride in comfort using the rubberized grips, easy to use hand-brake, and Shock absorbing 8.5" Air filled tires.
- PORTABLE FOLDING FRAME - The GXL V2 Frame folds down to 15"x44"x6" and locks for easy storage making it easy to store in a car, at school, or the office.
Safety features of the aircraft include multiple redundant systems, distributed electric propulsion (DEP) means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft and has a whole aircraft ballistic parachute for emergency situations. In addition, its landing gear uses the base of the wings reducing complexity, manufacturing costs, maintenance cost and the weight of the aircraft,” said the company in a press release.