Photo credit: Sean Kornegay
Texas-based LIFT Aircraft, member of the Agility Prime “Air Race to Certification,” recently demonstrated their advances in electric vertical takeoff and landing flight (eVTOL) at Camp Mabry, August 20th. The Hexa aircraft boasts 18 independent rotors and can seat a single pilot. It has been designed for various purposes on a number of different terrains. It can even float on water by using its four buoys. Read more for a video and additional information.
You won’t need a pilot’s license, as it can be operated by just about anyone with the proper training, which mainly involves using a three-axis joystick. The technical work is handled by its triply redundant autopilot computer. So far, LIFT has conducted 600 test flights with a total of between 10-15 hours flight time.
- Syma X20 Mini Drone is the newest drone upgraded with multi features, this 6-Axis gyro quad-rotorcraft flight can easily achieve various flight movements, and easier to control. More stable and more suitable for kids or beginners. This mini drone is very suitable for indoor playing.
- Headless Mode makes easier flight: Once the fuselage direction can not be recognized, it can enter headless mode so as to continue the flight. It helps the beginner to get the hang of directional control within several minutes.
- One Key Take off / Landing: one button press automatically taking off or landing, remote control quadcopter will take off or go back to the position where it took off. It helps to protect the drone when it is out of control or low battery power.
- Altitude Hold: Auto hovering is an altitude holding technology that lets the flying drone stabilize and suspend in mid-air automatically, even when you let go of the controls.
- 360°Stunt Flip: A key 360°roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance. With the colorful flashing light, keep your aircraft flying excellently at night.
The thought of an electric vertical take-off and landing vehicle — a flying car — might seem straight out of a Hollywood movie, but by partnering today with stakeholders across industries and agencies, we can set up the United States for this aerospace phenomenon,” said Col. Nathan Diller, AFWERX director and Agility Prime lead.