Photo credit: United States Navy
Ever wonder how military personnel transport tanks and other vehicles across small bodies of water? If so, then the US Army’s Improved Ribbon Bridge (IRB) system may be of interest. In addition to vehicles, it can also be used to transport weapon systems, troops and supplies over water when permanent bridges are not available. It’s usable on increased bank heights of more than 2.2 meters, while the improved folding and unfolding mechanism avoids cable breakage. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This system allows soldiers to cross water with higher banks much faster in contingency operations abroad and disaster relief recovery efforts at home. Commanders have the option to rapidly close distances and move critical capabilities as well as supplies by enabling formations to reliably cross gaps of still or moving water with currents of up to 10-feet per second.
- High Speed RC Tank: Forward, backward, turn left and right, brake and other full-scale synchronous control functions. The speed is higher than 15 kilometers per hour, gives you a faster high-speed racing experience.
- 2.4G Remote Control: 2.4G frequency remote control, long control distance, good Anti-jamming capability. The remote control distance is about 80M.
- Protective Function：More protection functions protect the car for efficient use.Such as charging protection, low voltage protection and high temperature protection.
- Simulation Dual-flow Drive Gearbox: In-situ rotation 360°, span distance up to 10cm, climbing angle 30°, wading depth up to 5CM, front wheel self-adjusting track tightness.
- Large Lithium Battery: 7.4V 1200mAH battery provides longer play time.Charging time 3-4 hours. Search B08J3MWGZX to get spare batteries.
The modular, foldable, aluminium bridge system can be used as a floating bridge and a multi-bay ferry. It consists of ramp bays and interior bays, which can be disassembled and transported on aircraft, helicopter, trucks and railway cars,” according to the US Army.