The Virgin Galactic Mach 3 aircraft has just been revealed, and it could be the future of supersonic air travel. This delta-wing aircraft, with capacity for 9 to 19 people, would fly at an altitude above 60,000 feet, while incorporating custom cabin layouts to address customer needs, including Business or First Class seating arrangements. It would pave the way toward use of state-of-the-art sustainable aviation fuel. Read more f or additional pictures and information.
The next phase would be defining specific system architectures as well as configurations, and determining which materials to use in the design and manufacturing of the aircraft. Ultimately, the goal is to make high speed travel practical, sustainable, safe, and reliable. This means the aircraft should be capable of multiple operational scenarios, including service for passengers on long-distance commercial aviation routes.
- Build a large multi-stage rocket and opening launch control tower with interactive play experience, plus a monorail system to transport astronauts from the tower to the training grounds and rocket!
- Includes 6 LEGO City minifigures: 2 astronauts, 2 scientists, Launch Director, ground crew technician and a robot figure, plus a space telescope, rover with articulated arm and a launchpad
- Rocket standing measures over 16-inch (42cm) high, 4-inch (11cm) wide and 2-inch (6cm) deep Launch Control closed measures over 7-inch (18cm) high, 5-inch (13cm) wide and 5-inch (13cm) deep Launchpad with closed tower arms measures over 9-inch (24cm) high, 4-inch (12cm) wide and 4-inch (12cm) deep Monorail track measures over 3-inch (8cm) high,14-inch (36cm) long and 18-inch (47cm) wide
- 837 pieces – Inspired by NASA astronaut toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO City Deep Space Rocket and Launch Control 60228 NASA-inspired gift set makes a great gift for kids and can be built together with all other original LEGO sets and LEGO bricks for more creative play
We are excited to partner with Virgin Galactic and TSC to explore the future of sustainable high speed flight. Rolls-Royce brings a unique history in high speed propulsion, going back to the Concorde, and offers world-class technical capabilities to develop and field the advanced propulsion systems needed to power commercially available high-Mach travel,” said Rolls-Royce North America Chairman & CEO Tom Bell.