The Orbital Assembly Corporation has unveiled plans for Voyager Station, the world’s first space hotel set to open by 2027. In addition to living quarters, it will have restaurants, a movie theater, spa, fitness centers, concert venues, and even artificial gravity. How so? It will continuously rotate, pushing the contents of the station out to the perimeter of the station, to simulate gravity on Earth. Only near the center of the station will the feeling of gravity increase. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
The futuristic space hotel will be able to accommodate up to 280 guests and 112 crew members. As for things you’ll be able to do outside of the space station? How about spacewalk, that is after you complete training courses. One caveat, aside from the training that all guests will have to go through: a 3.5-day trip is expected to cost at least $5,000,000 USD.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
- Designed for Lego 21321,with this light kit, you can bring your Lego International Space Station from dark to bright, make it come to life.
- Please note that only LED light set. All LEGO sets showed in images and videos are not included.
- Package contains dot lights, expansion boards, connecting cables, battery holder(batteries not included), adhesive squares, and instruction.
- With a step-by-step instruction, you will find an easier way to make a huge upgrade to your favorite building kit.
- If you have difficulties with your product, please send us an email, we are always here for assistance.
We’re trying to make the public realize that this golden age of space travel is just around the corner. It’s coming. It’s coming fast. I think the goal of Stanley Kubrick was to highlight the divide between technology and humanity and so, purposefully, he made the stations and the ships very sterile and clean and alien,” said former pilot John Blincow, who also heads up the Gateway Foundation.