Available for pre-order now in China from $895 USD, the Xiaomi 12S Ultra smartphone launches on July 6th and features a giant 1-inch camera sensor that was co-engineered with Leica. More specifically, a Leica Summicron 1:1.9-4.1 / 13-120 ASPH camera system that comprises the triple rear cameras: a 50.3MP Main (23mm, f/1.9), 48MP Ultra-Wide (13mm, f/2.2) and the 48MP Periscopic (120mm, f/4.1).
This IP68-rated flagship smartphone doesn’t only shine in the camera department, as it also features a 6.73-inch Samsung E5 AMOLED (3,200 x 1,440) with a 1-120Hz AdaptiveSync Pro refresh rate, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 processor, up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage, Harman Kardon speakers boasting Dolby Atmos audio support, and a 4,860mAh single cell silicon oxygen anode battery sporting a Surge G1 battery management chipset for 67W wired fast charging / 50W wireless fast charging / 10W reverse charging. What could be cooler? Xiaomi’s Cyberdog, an AI-powered robot dog, of course.
- Unlocked for the freedom to choose your carrier. 5G service available with 5G plan. 5G network coverage required; available only in select areas. Compatible with T-Mobile 5G and Verizon 5G. Ready for 5G on other select networks dependent on availability; contact your service provider for details. Compatible with all major 4G U.S. carriers, including Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile. It also works with prepaid carriers, including Cricket Wireless, Metro by T-Mobile, Simple Mobile, Total Wireless, Tracfone, Net10, Mint, TracFone, Boost, and H2O.
- 108 MP ultra high-res camera system. Capture high-quality photos and videos with Ultra Pixel technology and 4K video recording.
- Ultra-smooth 144Hz display. Bring everything to life in vivid color on a 6.8" HDR10 display with the fastest smartphone refresh rate.
- Unleash your phone with Ready For. Connect wirelessly to a TV to play mobile games, make video calls, and use your phone’s apps on a big screen.
- Two days of battery life. Enjoy a long-lasting 5000mAh battery, and get hours of power in just minutes with TurboPower 30 charging.
In order to help push imaging technology to new limits, Xiaomi and Leica have co-developed sophisticated optical lenses. As the top model, Xiaomi 12S Ultra utilizes Leica’s world-class optical design capabilities in its lens system while adhering to their stringent optical quality testing standards and implementing Xiaomi’s expertise in miniaturizing components to ensure ultra-high resolution, ultra-high light sensitivity, reduced dispersion, and lower flare,” said the company.