The 2020 Honda Civic Type R made its official US debut at the Chicago Auto Show today, and in a new Boost Blue exterior color scheme. This model features revised styling, improved handling / braking, better engine cooling and the addition of standard Honda Sensing safe driver-assistive technologies. Starting things off, there’s new two-piece brake rotors and brake pads designed to reduce fade as well as improve high-speed braking efficiency. Read more for a live video from the show floor, additional pictures and information.
Suspension revisions for the 2020 model year include updated dampers for improved ride comfort, stiffer rear bushings for better grip, and a tuned front suspension / steering for even better driving feel. The grille was slightly modified to allow for better engine cooling under high demand, like at the track. It’s still powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter direct-injected 4-cylinder engine with VTEC valvetrain sproducing 306 horsepower and 295 lb.-ft. of torque, mated to a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission sending power to the front wheels. The car is expected to hit showrooms later this winter.
- Build, race and display the Ferrari F40 Competizione with a minifigure cockpit, removable windshield, plus interchangeable car spoilers and hoods to turn the Competizione into the classic F40 road car!
- Includes a Ferrari racing driver minifigure with a helmet
- Ferrari F40 Competizione car toy measures over 1” (4cm) high, 5” (13cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide
- 198 pieces – Racing car toy for boys and girls aged 7+ and for fans and kids of all ages
- This LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione 75890 fast car playset can be built together with all other original LEGO building toys and LEGO bricks for creative building
New for 2020 is Active Sound Control, which modifies interior sound in concert with the chosen drive mode. The Type R’s selectable drive modes and sophisticated design make it both a thrilling companion on a mountain road or a racetrack and a remarkably civilized daily driver with a degree of flexibility unmatched in its competitive set, especially at the price,” said Honda.