Photo credit: iGeeksBlog
It’s rumored that the upcoming 2020 iPad Pro refresh is set to get some big upgrades, not only on the power side of things, but camera as well. Steve H. McFly, who is better known as OnLeaks on Twitter, gives us a first look at what the device could look like, based on leaked case designs. As you can see from the render, it now sports a square-shaped cutout near the camera, which would hint at a triple sensor setup just like on the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro. Read more for additional pictures.
Apple’s iPhone 11 Pro has a telephoto, wide, and ultra-wide camera array, but it’s speculated that the three lenses on the updated iPad Pro will have a 3D-depth time-of-flight sensor, similar to the front-facing TrueDepth camera, which uses Infrared light to create a 3D representation of your face for Face ID. The main difference is this 3D sensor would be back-facing, capable of detecting depth about 8-10 feet away from the iPad.
- 11-Inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with Promotion, true Tone, and wide Color
- A12X Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay
- 12MP back camera, 7MP True Depth front camera
- Four speaker audio with wider stereo sound
2020 iPad Pro case pic.twitter.com/KblaE2M6Kt
— Ben Geskin (@BenGeskin) February 24, 2020