Apple’s second-generation Magic Keyboard for the iPad Pro has already begun arriving to some customers, and here’s an early hands-on look. It’s now the best way to experience the new trackpad support introduced in iPadOS 13.4. The keyboard attaches magnetically and puts the Multi-Touch screen up on display with a floating cantilevered design for smooth adjustments of the viewing angle up to 130°. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This full-sized keyboard comes complete with backlit keys and a scissor mechanism that delivers 1mm travel, offering a comfortable and responsive typing experience, regardless if you’re working on a desk or lap. The click-anywhere trackpad perfectly complements the touch-first design of iPad for fluid navigation, easy cursor control, and precise adjustments. Plus, USB-C pass-through charging means that the port is kept free for accessories, including external drives and displays.
- The Magic Keyboard is the perfect companion for iPad Pro (3rd, 2nd and 1st generation) and iPad Air (5th and 4th generation).
- It features the best typing experience ever on iPad, a trackpad that opens up new ways to work with iPadOS, a USB-C port for charging, backlit keys, and front and back protection.
- With a new floating cantilever design, iPad Pro attaches magnetically and allows you to smoothly adjust to the perfect viewing angle for you.
- Folds into a case to provide front and back protection
Trackpad support in iPadOS is designed to work great with apps customers use every day. Writing and editing text is effortless in Pages and Notes, working with multiple objects in Keynote is easier than ever before, and the added levels of precision make building and organizing even the largest spreadsheets in Numbers more simple,” according to Apple.
- 11-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
- A12Z Bionic chip with Neural Engine
- 12MP Wide camera, 10MP Ultra Wide camera, and LiDAR Scanner
- 7MP TrueDepth front camera
- Face ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay