Airspeeder has successfully completed its first EXA Series pre-season test race using two Alauda Aeronautics Mk3 Speeders that were remotely controlled. These flying cars were pitted against each other down a 300m drag strip where two teams – Team Alpha and Team Bravo – composed of Alauda engineers as well as official remote test pilots made sure the race was a success in South Australia. Read more for two videos and additional information.
The company hopes to ring in the arrival of new advanced air mobility (AAM) technologies where safe air racing is ensured through latest LiDAR and radar technologies. These two combine to create virtual force fields around the sport’s quadcopter-style flying cars. Production aircraft will be manned and require pilots to navigate rapidly through hair-pin turns, which is only possible with a multicopter layout.
- Light as a Smartphone - Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 249 grams, DJI Mini SE is roughly the same weight as the smartphone. In the United States and Canada, you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the local government.
- Capture on the Go - The lightweight and powerful DJI Mini SE camera drone is the ideal for creators on the move. The ultra-portable design allows you to effortlessly capture moments in unforgettable ways.
- More Time in the Sky - DJI Mini SE's weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer drones on the market. Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery.
- Capture the Detail - DJI Mini SE supports 12MP aerial photos and 2.7K HD videos. A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear ultra-smooth footage.
- Upgraded Wind Resistance - DJI Mini SE can resist 29-38kph winds and take off at a max altitude of 4,000 meters, so your footage is stable even when flying along a windy coastline or high above an alpine forest.
Just as Formula One has driven innovation for the cars we use today, Airspeeder’s vision for the world’s first electric flying car racing series has the potential to transform the way we move around cities. Cutting-edge racing requires cutting-edge capability which we’ve delivered through Telstra Purple’s extensive expertise, technical capabilities and our strategic collaboration agreement with AWS, combined with Australia’s most advanced 5G,” said Christopher Smith, Head of Telstra Purple.