Alauda Racing’s Airspeeder Mk3 is the world’s first flying eVTOL (electric vertical takeoff or landing) race car, and it successfully completed its first flight. This quadcopter-like creation is designed to compete against others in the EXA Series, which will consist of four teams competing across three events worldwide over locations inaccessible to traditional motorsport. To ensure things go smoothly, there will be a pre-season involving an internal drag-race style competition between two distinct ‘works teams’ drawn from within the company. Read more for a video, additional pictures and information.
Despite being a race car, the Mk3 EXA will be piloted remotely by skilled women and men from a seat in a simulator environment that perfectly mimics the environment of a real-life cockpit scenario. Each Mk3 is presented to teams with the same exact specifications, which means the pilot skill as well as team strategy determines the winner. Physical tele-robotic avatars will reside in the actual cockpit and represent the frame of human pilots.
- Safety Priority : UL 2272 certification ensures Ninebot S meets high standards for fire and electrical safety. The Smart Battery Management System provides reliable battery performance. IP54 waterproof protection ensures operation in various weathers
- Sturdy & Powerful : Ninebot S is compact, weighting just 28 lbs with a max load of 220 lbs. Thanks to the dual 400W motors, it can easily reach a max speed of 10 mph. A single fully charged battery can run up to 13. 7 miles, climbing a max slope of 15°
- POLICO 10.5" pneumatic tires provide a comfortable and smoother ride on bumpy roads. Knee control bar allows for precise steering and easy lifting. Applicable Age 16 – 50 years. Applicable Height - 3.11 – 6.6 Inch
- Intelligent App Management : Download the Segway app for anti-theft function, speed limit and adjustment, vehicle self-diagnose, firmware upgrade, Ambient Light, vehicle remote control and more.
- Quality Assurance: The Ninebot S is sturdy and durable. One-year or 180-day for different parts, please refer to information in product details below, contact us at [email protected] if you have any problems. Charging Temperature-32-104° F(0-40°C)
Compared to other flying drones or flying taxis that are out there on the market, [the Mk3] might be the fastest. The aerodynamic design seems to be appropriately adapted for an air race,” said Dr Simona Mihaita, head of the Future Mobility Lab at the University of Technology, Sydney.