Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reports that Apple is set to reveal the third-generation AirPods during their September 14th press event, alongside the new iPhone 13 as well as the Watch Series 7. When these hit stores, the company may either keep the second generation AirPods at the same price and have the third-generation model come in at a slightly higher price point, or just slash the retail price ($159) on AirPods 3 to match its predecessor. Read more for a video and additional information.
AirPods 3 are reported to look similar to the AirPods Pro, but without the removable eartips. However, they are not expected to come with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC), though head-tracking Spatial Audio should come standard. The latter will most likely be confirmed with iOS 15 and its Dolby Atmos music enhancement mode with head-tracking.
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear