Apple has offered free charging case engraving for AirPods since March 2019, but this is the first time emojis have been an option through the company’s own store. Yes, that’s right, you can even choose the poop emoji if you should so desire. Other emoji options include: a ghost, Space Invaders crab, cat, alien, dragon, monkey and much more. It’s also an option for those interested in picking up the AirPods Pro. Read more for three videos showing custom AirPods you won’t be able to buy anywhere.
The second-generation AirPods boast an H1 processor with support for hands-free “Hey Siri”, Bluetooth 5 connectivity, 50% more talk time and faster device connection times compared to its predecessor. “Announce Messages with Siri” feature was added in iOS 13.2, enabling Siri to dictate and reply to text messages automatically.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying “Hey Siri”
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
AirPods Pro uses the same H1 chip as the second generation AirPods, which supports hands-free “Hey Siri”. However, this model has active noise cancellation, thanks to microphones detecting outside sound and speakers producing precisely opposite anti-noise. Active noise cancellation can be turned off or switched to “transparency mode” to hear your surroundings. Noise cancellation modes can also be switched in iOS or by pinching the stems of the AirPods using a new “force sensor”.
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Sweat and water resistant
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear