The Apple AirTag has been a long rumored product, and today, it was officially unveiled. This small accessory is designed to help users keep track of and find just about any item using Apple’s Find My app. You can attach them to handbags, luggage, keys, backpack, etc., all the while keeping location data private and anonymous with end-to-end encryption. Available Friday, April 30 in one and four packs for just $29 and $99, respectively. Read more for the full reveal video and additional information.
Each AirTag is ultra compact and lightweight, complete with precision-etched polished stainless steel as well as IP67 water / dust resistance. There’s an integrated speaker that plays sounds to help locate AirTag, while a removable cover makes it easy for users to swap out the battery when necessary. To connect them, simply bring it close to an iPhone and it will automatically pair. Users can also give each AirTag a name, like “Keys” or “Suitcase”. It’s powered by a U1 chip using Ultra Wideband technology, which allows for Precision Finding for iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 users.
- FIND ALL OF YOUR ESSENTIAL ITEMS - A Sticker for your remote, Mate for keys and backpacks and Slim for wallets or notebooks. These essential finders and free app work with iOS and Android. Keep track of more for less or give them to your friends and family
- FIND NEARBY -- Use the Tile app to ring your Tile Mate and Tile Slim when they’re within 200 ft and your Tile Sticker when it’s within 150 ft.
- FIND FAR AWAY -- When outside of Bluetooth range, use the Tile app to view your Tile’s most recent location or enlist the safe and anonymous help of the Tile Network.
- FIND YOUR PHONE -- Use your Tile to find your phone, even when it’s on silent.
- UPGRADE YOUR FINDING EXPERIENCE -- Subscribe to Premium or Premium Protect for proactive finding features and enhanced services including Item Reimbursement, Smart Alerts, and Free Battery Replacement.
We’re excited to bring this incredible new capability to iPhone users with the introduction of AirTag, leveraging the vast Find My network, to help them keep track of and find the important items in their lives. With its design, unparalleled finding experience, and built-in privacy and security features, AirTag will provide customers with another way to leverage the power of the Apple ecosystem and enhance the versatility of iPhone,” said Kaiann Drance, Apple’s vice president of Worldwide iPhone Product Marketing.