Apple’s AirPods Pro have been one of their best selling noise cancelling wireless earbuds to date, but unfortunately, there haven’t been any special editions released in the US. To celebrate Lunar New Year in China, Taiwan, Macao and Hong Kong, Apple is releasing a special edition Year of the Tiger AirPods Pro that come with a special box and charging case. Read more for an unboxing and hands-on look.
When purchased from an Apple Store, each one of the special edition AirPods Pro also comes with a set of 12 red envelopes with all of the different Chinese zodiac signs printed on them. For those unfamiliar with red envelopes, it’s tradition to hand them out during Lunar New Year to friends and family, filled with money, to symbolize good wishes as well as fortune for the new year ahead.
- Active Noise Cancellation blocks outside noise, so you can immerse yourself in music
- Transparency mode for hearing and interacting with the world around you
- Spatial audio with dynamic head tracking places sound all around you
- Adaptive EQ automatically tunes music to your ears
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit