Most Apple fans probably already know that the company has been developing augmented reality glasses for the past couple of years, but new information has been leaked, courtesy of Jon Prosser. He states that Apple is working on a Steve Jobs Heritage Edition prototype, similar to how Apple Watch came out with the $10,000 gold version early on. Read more for a video and additional information.
One thing you may not know is that Apple is working on a mixed AR and VR headset, code-named N301, slated to be announced as early as next year for developers ahead of its 2022 release. The one we may see during the iPhone 12 press event are the pure AR glasses, code-named N241, that may be previewed, but won’t be released until some time in early 2021.
- STEAM VR 2.0 TRACKING - From seated to standing to full 22’11”’ x 22’11” room-scale. Ideal for multi-user environments for sub-millimeter tracking accuracy
- HIGH RESOLUTION DISPLAY - Dual-OLED displays with industry leading resolution of 2880 x 1600 pixels for unparalleled visual fidelity of graphics, text, and textures
- SPATIAL AUDIO WITH NOISE CANCELLATION - Hi-res, high impedance headphones, 3D spatial sound with active noise cancellation for an immersive experience without distractions from real-world sounds
- MULTI-USER AND EXTENDED USE – Even weight distribution of the headset, easy on and off, and adjustments for head size, glasses and interpupillary distance (IPD) makes multi-user and extended use easier than ever
- VIVE TRACKER ECOSYSTEM – Expand business use cases by adding real-life objects to VIVE Tracker bringing the object into your virtual simulation. Ideal for motion capture, automotive, aerospace or heavy equipment simulation.