Assassin’s Creed Valhalla won’t be released until this holiday season, but early gameplay footage has already leaked. This installment throws players axe-first into ninth-century England, an age of warring kingdoms and Viking conquest. You play as Eivor, a fierce Viking raider, to lead your clan to build a new home amid England’s fractured dominions. Eivor will be able to dual-wield axes, swords, and even shields against various enemy types. Read more for a sneak peek.
Nearly every decision you make will have lasting effects throughout the world, such as expanding your influence through diplomacy to make more friends, building political alliances, employing different combat strategies, and carefully choosing dialogue to alter your journey.
- Lead epic Viking raids against Saxon troops and fortresses.
- Dual-wield powerful weapons and relive the visceral fighting style of the Vikings.
- Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in Assassin's Creed.
- Shape the growth of your character and your clan's settlement with every choice you make.
- Explore a Dark Age open world, from the shores of Norway to the kingdoms of England.
You wouldn’t be a Viking raider without raids, and Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you lead surprise longship attacks to pillage enemy territories for much-needed resources, or launch massive assaults against rival Saxon strongholds. Raids will be more action-packed and brutal than anything Assassin’s Creed has seen before, thanks to a visceral new combat system that lets you bash, dismember, and decapitate your foes,” said Ubisoft.