BMW’s vision of electric bicycles is very different from that of other companies, and it shows with their i Vision AMBY and Motorrad Vision AMBY. Both feature an electric drive system with three speed ratings for different types of roads. It’s capable of speeds up to 25 km/h (15.5 mph) on cycle tracks, up to 45 km/h (28 mph) on city-center roads and up to 60 km/h (37 mph) on multi-lane roads as well as outside urban areas. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Not just anyone can hit maximum speed, as BMW will ensure that insurance plates and a corresponding license for the rider are first verified before activating the mode. One other big difference is that instead of pedals, both of these bikes utilize a throttle grip/throttle lever, complete with motorcycle-style footrests. Riders can select the desired mode using a smartphone linked to the“AMBY” Vision Vehicle app.
- 7-PLY MAPLE DECK - The skateboard is made of 7 layers rock hard maple deck that has better flex, more stable and durable. It can withstand all kinds of stamping collisions without deformation. Max Load is 80KG
- ERGONOMIC WIRELESS REMOTE - The skateboard comes with a 2.4Ghz wireless remote control that controls forward, backward, accelerate and brake. Its control distance can reach 14m. With led indicators, keep you informed the skateboard battery level
- 3 SPEED LEVELS - The skateboard with 350W motor has 3 speed modes for beginners or advanced skaters: Low(6.2mph), Medium(9.3mph) and High(12.4mph). It’s equipped with a 29.4V 2000mah Lithium Battery with a maximum range to 5 miles, it can be fully charged within 2 hours
- EASY TO USE - The skateboard features durable dia.7cm PU wheels, and with kick tail and concave for added control, so you can glide smoothly on the street no matter what your skill level
- ATTENTION & CUSTOMER SUPPORT - The lithium battery is easy enters the self-protection state and it is recommended the lithium battery should be charged and discharged at least once a month. We provide one year warranty. Any problems or questions, contact us at any time. We’ll do everything we can to solve it!
Everywhere you look, apparently established categories are being blown apart – and that’s a good thing. In the future, classifications such as ‘car’, ‘bicycle’ and ‘motorcycle’ should not determine the nature of the products we think up, develop and offer. This vehicle occupies the space between a bicycle and a light motorcycle and allows our customers to decide for themselves which roads or routes they want to travel on through an urban area,” said Werner Haumayr, Vice President BMW Group Design Conception.