Photo credit: Zillers Garage / Mikhail Smolyanov / John Reed
Mikhail Smolânovym of Zillers Garage in Moscow, Russia, helped designed this ultra sleek BMW R nineT motorcycle in co-operation with John Red Design. The entire bike was clad in fairings to hide all the mechanical components besides its 1,170cc boxer engine, thus resultingin a futuristic-looking neo-retro cafe racer that looks to be fit for the apocalypse.Read morefor a video,additional pictures and information.
The build began as a CAD (computer-aided design) drawing, and once the sketch was made by John Red Design, Mikhail Smolânovym changed the suspension setup to lower ground clearance for a more aggressive stance. Smolânovym then modified the controls with the front brake and clutch levers boasting a remote-controlled buttons to adjust the air suspension.
- Build an authentic LEGO Technic replica of the high tech motorcycle
- Includes blue and black color scheme, black spoke wheel with all-terrain tires, windshield and a detailed dashboard and exhaust
- 2-in-1 model: rebuilds into a unique concept model, created in collaboration with BMW Motorrad designers
- LEGO Technic building toys are compatible with all LEGO construction sets for creative building
- BMW R 1200 GS Adventure measures 7” high, 13” long and 3” wide. Alternative model measures over 4” high, 11” long and 7” wide
All the details, right down to the exhaust system are hand made, and the bike was fitted with Brembo brakes as well as custom multi-spoke wheels to finish off the look. On the tech side of things, there’s a storage space under the seat that’s been fitted with a USB socket to charge your smartphone.