Boeing reveals the first unmanned Loyal Wingman aircraft prototype designed for the Royal Australian Air Force. Their main goal is to extend and protect existing aircraft, making them the foundation for the global Boeing Airpower Teaming System aircraft to be developed for other global forces. It uses AI-powered systems to fly independently or in support of manned aircraft while maintaining safe distance between other aircraft. Read more for a video and additional information.
These high-tech drones offer fighter-like performance with the ability to fly over 2,000 nautical miles (2,300 statute miles), and this prototype will start ground testing, with taxi tests and flight tests due later this year.
- Weighing less than 0 55lbs / 250 grams Mavic Mini is almost as light as the average smartphone In the United States and Canada you can fly this camera drone without the need to register your drone with the government
- The compact yet powerful Mavic Mini camera drone is the perfect creative companion capturing your moments in a way that effortlessly elevates the ordinary
- Mavic Mini’s weight allows it to stay in the air longer than similar consumer FlyCams on the market Enjoy up to 30 minutes of flight time with a fully-charged battery
- Mavic Mini supports 12MP aerial photos and 2 7K HD videos A 3-axis motorized gimbal provides superior camera stability and ensures clear Ultra-smooth footage
- What you get DJI Mavic Mini Remote Controller 3x Intelligent Flight Battery 3x Pairs of Spare Propellers 2x Micro USB Cable Gimbal Protector RC Cable (Micro USB connector) RC Cable (USB-C connector) RC Cable (Lightning connector) Pair of Spare Control Sticks 18x Spare Screw Screwdriver 360° Propeller Guard Two-Way Charging Hub DJI 18W USB Charger Carrying Bag
We are proud to take this significant step forward with the Royal Australian Air Force and show the potential for smart unmanned teaming to serve as a force multiplier,” said Kristin Robertson, vice president and general manager of Autonomous Systems for Boeing Defense, Space & Security.