‘The Mighty Bowser’ LEGO set is coming soon, but an even larger version of the character made its debut at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 today. It consists of 663,900 LEGO pieces and stands 14-feet-tall, but unfortunately, this one is not for sale…yet.
However, you will be able to get your hands on ‘The Mighty Bowser’ LEGO set on October 1st, which is compatible with the LEGO Super Mario Starter Course. That’s right, you can take the LEGO Mario, Luigi, or Peach sets that you already have and battle against Bowser, complete with fireballs. Before that happens, you’ll need to piece together the 2,807-piece set.
- Trigger nostalgic memories as you build this wonderfully detailed LEGO brick Nintendo Entertainment System (71374) and interactive, 1980s-style television displaying the classic Super Mario Bros. game
- The TV has a handle-operated scrolling screen and if you scan the action brick by placing LEGO Mario (figure not included) in the slot on top, he will react to the on-screen enemies, obstacles and power-ups
- Authentic details of the NES console are recreated in LEGO style, including a controller and an opening slot for the buildable Game Pak with a realistic locking function to delight Super Mario Bros. fans
- Whether you were an NES gamer back in the day, a fan of retro stuff, or are just looking for an immersive, fun, creative DIY project to leave you feeling revitalized, this 2,646-piece model building kit is ideal for you
- The buildable TV measures over 8” (22.5cm) high, 9” (23.5cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep, and alongside the NES model makes a cool display item for your home or office. It also makes the best LEGO gift for gamer friends
Adding LEGO Super Mario The Mighty Bowser really is a blast from the past for many Adult Fans of LEGO (AFOLs). He might be the big boss, but he still brings back a warm feeling of nostalgia to adult Super Mario fans worldwide. Just as defeating Bowser was always the ultimate challenge in the Super Mario games, here we’re challenging fans to build the King of the Koopas from nearly 3,000 pieces. We know they’re up to the task and will be chomping at the bit to get their hands on this great new addition to the Super Mario line, ” said Carl Merriam, Senior Designer, LEGO Super Mario.