After the Bugatti Divo debuted in August 2018, a customer requested a custom geometric-dynamic algorithmic fading pattern on the bodywork for their build slot. So, the Bugatti design and development teams went straight to work developing the metallic ‘Customer Special Red’ and ‘Graphite’ colors to achieve a unique contrasting effect, while the diamond pattern was designed to run precisely from the front over the sides to the rear, thus matching the silhouette of the Divo. Read more for a short video, additional pictures and information.
It took the team over 1.5-years to find as well as implement the technical and graphic solutions. The diamonds were a bit tricky since their CAD drawings didn’t quite match up to the patterns in real-life, so they all had to be digitally modified. Plus, they had to be perfectly positioned on the roofline, doors and rear fender edge in order to achieve a clean visual finish. The CAD modelers worked with the customer to create and simulate a diamond pattern design with around 1,600 diamonds. It’s still powered by the quad-turbocharged 8L W16 engine making 1,500 hp and 1,180 lb-ft of torque. The Divo is limited to just 40 units worldwide, each priced from $5.4-million, not including options.
- The perfect gift for car lovers and future engineers! Build and experience a quintessential collectible sports car – the LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron! Developed in partnership with Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S, this is a faithful recreation of the real car
- The Bugatti advanced model car build is created with 3599 pieces and features a classic duo-tone blue color scheme, This set is the perfect addition to any adult or teen's car collection and can be played with or used for display
- This 1:8 scale Bugatti Chiron race car model features an active rear wing, 8-speed gearbox with paddle gear shift, W16 engine, steering wheel, suspension and spoked rims and comes in luxurious box packaging with a collector's booklet
- The LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron model car building kit can be built together with all LEGO Technic sets and LEGO bricks for creative construction and extended play
- The Bugatti model car measures over 5 inches (14cm) high, 22 inches (56cm) long and 9 inches (25cm) wide
Every Bugatti Divo is one of a kind. With the custom-made ‘Lady Bug’, Bugatti has demonstrated the full range of its customization expertise. What initially seemed impossible was executed to perfection by the designers and developers in collaboration with the customer. We are proud to have matched the customer’s personal taste and expectations with this unique Divo. The car really demonstrates what the marque is capable of in terms of creativity and craftsmanship,” said Stephan Winkelmann, President of Bugatti.