Auto enthusiasts have been importing classic Nissan Skyline R32, R33, and R34 GTR models by the container load ever since the 25-year import restriction for the U.S. market lapsed. Unfortunately, collectors who are paying premiums for mint condition versions of these cars still aren’t getting factory showroom quality specimens. Fortunately, NISMO is offering a bare metal restoration service that starts at a whopping $433,000 USD, which many not be much for some. Read more for a video of the process, additional pictures and information.
To get it in showroom condition, the NISMO team strips the vehicle down to its bare metal frame for a total restoration. They fine comb over every little bit of rust or damage for a complete repair, complete with new sealing to ensure it passes the body-in-white torsional stiffness test, confirming. Once the frame is restored, it gets finished in factory-quality paint, either in its original shade or in a new hue. Next, the engine is completely torn down and rebuilt by hand from the ground up. Once finished, a professional driver takes it out to the track. Lastly, the interior also gets a complete overhaul, starting with new plastic pieces, upholstery, and even an electrical system rewire.
- A rare chance to own an authentically detailed LEGO replica of the legendary Nissan GT-R NISMO!
- With a buildable Nissan GT-R NISMO and 1 collectible minifigure in a Nissan racing suit, this model car kit will captivate both kids and car fans, inspiring them to independent play and letting them stage races with friends
- The mini version of the Nissan GT-R NISMO can be built and displayed or used to race against other LEGO Speed Champions cars
- This 298-piece Nissan GT-R NISMO model car kit provides an exciting mission for boys and girls ages 8+ who love to create and play with toy racing cars. It will make a cherished gift at any time of year
- The Nissan GT-R NISMO measures 1” (5cm) high, 6” (16cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide: new for 2020, all LEGO Speed Champions cars are now 25% bigger to include even more details from the original versions!