Smartibot is basically a cardboard robot body for your smartphone. Whether if you’re speaking with a loved one or friends, they now have the ability to move around for themselves. What happens when you combine this with Wolfenstein 3D, a first-person shooter that was released in 1992? You get a unique, family-friendly cardboard version of the game. Read more for a video and additional information.
After building Smartibot, simply insert in your phone and decide who you want to invite over. If that sounds too simple, you can also send one to another location and drop in whenever you desire. The user on the screen can move forwards / backwards, turn, look up / down or even spin around. To invite someone, just put Smartipresence online and send them the link to the driving web app. More information here.
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.5 GHz)
- 15.6" Full HD Widescreen IPS LED-backlit display | 144 hertz refresh rate | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz Memory | 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD (2 x PCIe M.2 slots - 1 slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 - Available hard drive bay
- LAN: 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) | Wireless: Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax
- Backlit keyboard | Acer CoolBoost technology with twin fans and dual exhaust ports
We have designed a 3D printed adapter to mount a Smartipresence motor and phone cradle onto our 3D printed monster truck. We also created a 340mm (13″) tall dedicated telepresence robot you can 3D print yourself in case your guests are feeling too short in the cardboard bot that comes in the kit,” said its creator.