If you have $108,000 USD burning a hole in your pocket and want the world’s only pair of AirPods Max “Golden White”, then Caviar’s latest offering should do the trick. Why are they so expensive? Being handcrafted with 750 grams of 18K yellow gold and then accented by white crocodile leather might have something to do with it. Just in case you want to make sure people know you’re using something unique, it even has a headband sporting two gold rings with Caviar inscriptions. Read more for additional pictures, information, and a bonus video review of AirPods Max.
The luxury gadget maker says these look “elegant [and emphasize] the status of the owners and their impeccable taste.” Unfortunately, the technology has not been upgraded, and that’s not a bad thing at all. AirPods Max boasts a 40-mm Apple-designed dynamic driver that provides rich bass, mid-ranges, and crisp, clean high-frequency extension, while a unique dual neodymium ring magnet motor allows it to maintain total harmonic distortion of less than 1 percent across the entire audible range, even at maximum volume. What really sets it apart is its computational audio, which powers a breakthrough listening experience that includes Adaptive EQ, Active Noise Cancellation, Transparency mode, and spatial audio.
- Active noise cancellation for immersive sound
- Transparency mode for hearing and connecting with the world around you
- Three sizes of soft, tapered silicone tips for a customizable fit
- Industry-leading noise canceling with Dual Noise Sensor technology
- Next-level music with Edge-AI, co-developed with Sony Music Studios Tokyo
- Up to 30-hour battery life with quick charging (10 min charge for 5 hours of playback)
AirPods are the most popular headphones in the world, beloved for their effortless setup, incredible sound quality, and iconic design. With AirPods Max, we are bringing that magical AirPods experience to a stunning over-ear design with high-fidelity audio,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.