China has successfully launched the first core module of its first permanent space station that will host astronauts long term and join the ISS when complete. Called Tianhe (Heavenly Harmony), this module was sent into space on a Long March 5B rocket from the Wenchang Launch Center on the southern island province of Hainan. It marks the beginning of the first of 11 missions to complete, supply and crew the station by the end of 2022. Read more for two videos and additional information.
This core module is the main section where astronauts will reside for up to 6-months at a time, and another 10 launches is required to transport two more modules where crews will conduct experiments. There will then be four cargo supply shipments and four missions with crews. Currently, a minimum of twelve astronauts are training to launch and live in the station, including those who have experience from previous flights. The first crewed mission, Shenzhou-12, is slated to be launched by June. The completed station will weigh approximately 66-tons, have a docking port and the ability to connect with a powerful Chinese space satellite.
- Challenge your construction skills with this LEGO Ideas ISS (21321) display model, featuring 2 rotating joints with 8 adjustable ‘solar panels’, posable Canadarm2 and other authentic details to discover as you build
- This ISS model comes with a stand, 2 astronaut microfigures, a brick-built mini NASA space shuttle and 3 mini cargo spacecrafts to create a spectacular display and rekindle nostalgic memories of childhood LEGO projects
- Includes a 148-page booklet featuring fascinating facts about the International Space Station, the spaceship model’s fan creator and LEGO designer, and a celebration of the LEGO Ideas theme’s 10th anniversary
- A super treat for yourself, birthday present or holiday gift idea for space fans, adults aged 16+ or any experienced LEGO builder, this 864-piece set offers hours of creative fun, whether built solo or with friends
- This ISS (International Space Station) toy building kit for adults, measuring over 7” (20cm) high, 12” (31cm) long and 19” (49cm) wide, makes a beautiful display model that will catch the eye of every passerby
- USAGE: The Light Set is used to light up Ideas International Space Station (NOT include the Lego Set).
- PORDUCT FEATURE: The Light is made use of original material purely handmade. It contains 1 USB Light kit ,Instruction guide, battery box. Plug in power, and light up your building blocks with our amazing design!
- TIPS: Prepare three AA Batteries, or USB Charger and Voltage should be less than 5V to avoid burning.
- INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION: The light set installation is done to your preference. Please install your led light carefully, no hard pulling and no need to bend or shake it.
- ABOUT US: Specialized in custom-designed Lighting Kit toys, we aim to supply customer with good products and quality services. Make your creations unique with your rich imagination and creativity. Let 's light up your bricks and bring them new vitality. If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us. Have a happy shopping experience!
The successful launch of the Tianhe core module indicates that the construction of our country’s space station has entered the stage of full implementation and laid a solid foundation for subsequent missions. The construction of a space station and the establishment of a national space laboratory… is an important leading project for building a powerful country in science and technology and aerospace,” said China President Xi Jinping.