Designer Joey Ruiter is known for his outlandish vehicles, and the “Consumer Car” is no exception. The difference between this and many others is that it’s actually street-legal in some states. It’s based on a 1993 Ford Festiva GL and powered by a Mazda-sourced “B3” 1.3-liter inline-4 generating 63 horsepower and 73 lb-ft of torque, mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. Does it look familiar? It was displayed at the Petersen Automotive Museum as part of the “Disruptors” exhibit that ran from 2019 through March 2020. Read more for two videos, additional pictures and information.
Other features include 12-inch alloy wheels, a full-width front mirror, hand-formed steel bodywork, Carnegie Xorel bio-based indoor/outdoor fabric covering the entire main body, a forward-hinged nose for engine accessibility, a completely open cockpit, Joe’s Racing Products aluminum steering wheel, and yes, a rear-mounted license plate frame. Still interested? It’s being offered on Doug DeMuro’s Cars & Bids with current bidding at $9,200 USD. More information here.
- Easy Smart Remote Control: Easy to control remote controller with 2.4ghz transmitter strength, that is sensitive and responsive, you can be maneuvered even from a far distance.
- Gesture Sensing With Watch: This is an amazing way to control your monster truck. Put the watch on your hand, change you gesture, the transformable car can sensing the change of your gesture to drives and transforms as you like. The flexibility and cool speed will absolutely surprise you.
- Insane Stunts & Cool Features: The 1:16 scale remote control monster truck can move in all directions, can do extreme 360-degree tumbling spins and double Sided Roll,four-wheel drive climbing stunt car light music electric double-sided special effects toys. The cool features and unlimited fun, giving the child a wonderful operating experience and visual effects.
- Batteries Included: Climbing Vehicle built-in one rechargeable 6V (600mAh) and another one 600mAh battery extra bonus. upgraded-large capacity high-speed power battery (Included), long lasting. Charge for two hours and continue playing for 50-65 minutes (Two Batteries). Remote control used Two "1.5V" AA battery (Not Included). Gesture sensor built-in 100mAh rechargeable Li-Po battery.
- Best Gift Ideas: 2.4G stunt gesture induction twisting off-road vehicle light music drift traverse remote control dancing side driving toy off-road car toy,creative birthday party gift for boys girls,perfect back to school gifts for kids, halloween/christmas/children day gift or stress relief toy for you.
Well, folks, here it is: the single weirdest car ever to land on Cars & Bids. Underneath, it’s a Ford Festiva, but I’m sure that was chosen just for cost-effectiveness, simplicity, and fuel economy. Beyond the platform, this vehicle is absolutely bizarre; a boxy shape that was intended by its creator to display the future of the commuter car, at least as the designer perceived it,” said Doug DeMuro.