A computer enthusiast from Japan who goes by “Samurai Channel” on YouTube posts various videos of daily life, but the ones that really went viral involved cooking real foods on various computer processors. Most modern CPUs are kept cool with computer fans as well as heatsink fans by actively exhausting hot air, but when this doesn’t happen, the temperatures get hot enough to fry an egg, literally. Read more for two videos and additional information.
There are also more unusual cooling methods, like liquid cooling, but all modern day processors are designed to cut out or reduce their voltage or clock speed if the internal temperature of the processor exceeds a specified limit.
- The world's most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world's most popular games
- 6 cores and 12 processing threads bundled with the quiet AMD wraith stealth cooler max temps 95°C
- 4 2 GHz max Boost unlocked for overclocking 35 MB of game Cache DDR4 3200 support
- For the advanced socket AM4 platform can support PCIe 4 0 on x570 motherboards. OS Support-Windows 10 - 64-Bit Edition, RHEL x86 64-Bit, Ubuntu x86 64-Bit. Note-Operating System (OS) support will vary by manufacturer
Cooling may also be designed to reduce the ambient temperature within the case of a computer, such as by exhausting hot air, or to cool a single component or small area (spot cooling). It’s not just the CPU that needs cooling, but the graphics processing unit (GPU) and the motherboard’s host bridge as well.