TCL first unveiled their tri-fold smartphone prototype last year, but that was just a non-functional device, Today, they revealed a working prototype, complete with their patented “DragonHinge,” which enables one to bend it in multiple directions, and as you’re about to see, still has some quirks they need to work out before it heads to production. Read more for a hands-on video and additional information.
When completely unfolded, the tri-fold device transforms into a full-sized 10″ tablet with a large plastic display, or if you don’t need all that screen, the device can be configured so that only two screens are open, with the unused portion either hidden away or used to prop it up like a stand. There’s no word yet on pricing or availability, but we’d expect a price tag similar to that of the Galaxy Fold and Motorola RAZR.
- Display: 6.53 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen w/ Corning Gorilla Glass 5 - Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM - microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Main Camera: Quad 64 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP w/ LED flash, HDR, panorama - Selfie Camera: 20 MP, f/2.0, 0.9µm w/ HDR, panorama
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10 -Chipset: Mediatek Helio G90T - CPU: Octa-cor Cortex-A76 & Cortex-A55 - GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot - Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE - GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS